Image Map

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ten Lessons in 2010: Five

FIVE: The things about you that you think are weird, someone else will see as unique.

I am quirky. I color code my candy before I eat it. When I think about the things I need to do, I see it in list form rather than picture form. I must be facing the door to fall asleep. I think nothing of breaking out Christmas tunes in September. When I have trouble sleeping, I start making up a story in my head (I suppose it's like telling myself a bedtime story).

In addition to all of these quirks, I have made some life decisions that are far different than those of my peers. Now, some people don't believe me when I tell them about these decision. Others make fun of it.  A few (but very few) say they respect or admire these decisions. Basically, people think I'm weird for these decisions I've made.  For a long time, I thought I was weird too, but not so much that I was willing to budge on these decisions.  Because I know I couldn't live with myself if I did...and since I'm the one who has to live with these decisions, that's the most important thing.

Someday, I figure someone else will think all my quirks and even these decisions make me unique.  Maybe even special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover