Image Map

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ten Lessons in 2010: Two

TWO: Some people are completely inconsiderate of other people's feelings.

“Treat people as you want to be treated” is a great philosophy, but only when it goes both ways. Some people simply don't follow it, and it can be very hard to deal with those people. 

Unfortunately, as I've learned in the adult world, you must deal with them. Sometimes on a daily basis. You can try to make them aware of their insensitivity, but most of the time, they won't hear it. 

The only thing you can really change is how you react to these people.  In some cases, I've been able to minimize or eliminate my interactions with these people. In the cases where that's not possible, I simply "fake it 'til I make it" and then let out the stress of the interaction later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover