Image Map

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Fiver: Favorite Reality Stars

I am a bit of a TV junkie. I have gotten more than my money's worth out of my DVR, which I've used to record everything from dramas to talk shows to baseball.  And, yes, there's quite a bit of reality tv on there too -- "Big Brother," "Survivor," "The Biggest Loser," "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" and "Dating in the Dark," just to name a few.  Over the years, there have been reality "stars" I've hated, and a few I've really loved.  Here are my five favorite people from reality TV, in no particular order.



Dr. Travis Stork
He's one of the hosts of the show, "The Doctors" now, but I first spied Travis when he was on "The Bachelor." I thought he was adorable, intelligent and just an all around good guy.  I still think that about him, and I wouldn't be above faking illness or injury for the chance to get close to him.



Mike Morelli
His weight loss on season 7 of "The Biggest Loser" was inspiring.  I also loved his close relationship with his dad and brother.  And he was always nice to the other contestants.  During one challenge, he won a year's supply of groceries, which he handed over to Aubrey, a contestant who had young children.  I thought it was a very generous and mature move for such a young man. 



Janelle Pierzina
At first I thought Janelle was ditzy and annoying, but I quickly figured out that she was actually quite astute, especially in the game of "Big Brother" (she was on season 6 and the all-star season). She came in third during her first season, and she was a fan favorite.  Love her.



Miranda Lambert
Sure, she's a country star now, but she actually came in third on the first season of "Nashville Star." It's sort of a countryfied version of "American Idol," but those contestants had a tougher road -- there were a few weeks when they had to perform original songs.  Of course, that was no problem for the young Miranda.  A few months after "Nashville Star" wrapped, I saw her at the Austin City Limits Music Festival. I actually sat and chatted with her mom during and after the performance.



James Clement
Who knew a gravedigger could look like this?  His voice is as incredible as those abs. He was not only strong, but he was pretty smart too, as he attempted to outwit other contestants on "Survivor: China."  He didn't quite succeed -- only making it to day 30 (out of 38) -- and he was completely blindsided. He had two immunity idols, but failed to play either one because he believed he was safe.  Ok, so maybe he wasn't THAT smart, but he won over the fans and collected a cash prize anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover