Image Map

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A little chocolate to get through the week

Most of the time, I eat sweets without feeling too much guilt.  That's because I don't eat them ALL THE TIME.  But I do enjoy baked goods -- making them, consuming them and, especially, sharing them. My co-workers are already lamenting the loss of my goodies.  I think they'll miss my blonde brownies and pumpkin spice muffins more than they'll miss me.  Ha ha.  So I'm going to make a few more treats in my remaining weeks at the newspaper.  Starting now.






Ingredients
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
1 Devil's Food Cake Mix

Instructions
Stir pumpkin with cake mix until moist. It takes a little while, and it can be quite the workout, but it's worth it. The mix will have sort of a fudgy texture when you're done.  Spoon into a lined cupcake pan. Bake at the time and temperature listed on the cake mix box.  Let cool. Enjoy.



That's it. 

Really.

My house smells amazing right now, and as a bonus, these are also very waist-friendly -- only about 180 calories per serving.

By the way, Hungry Girl has some great cookbooks out as well as a daily e-mail with tips and recipes for guilt-free good food.  She also recently launched a TV show that airs on the Food Network at 3 p.m. (CST) each Saturday.  I highly recommend all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover