Image Map

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Priorities

I am moving in exactly eighteen days.

EIGHTEEN.

((For those who may have missed it, I have accepted a new job and will be relocating to a town two hours northwest of where I currently live.))

And many of those eighteen days will be spent working and getting in some time with friends.

Oh, and I need to pack too.

I'm dreading it. Particularly since I'll be leaving a lot of my possessions in boxes/Rubbermaid tubs for two months while I live in temporary housing.  So I need to be really organized with my packing.  But I just can't seem to get started. I keep finding other things I'd rather do instead -- look up recipes for cookies and cream cupcakes, create/play Barney Stinson on "Sims 3," watch the State of the Union Address ... you get the picture. I just don't want to start packing. I keep telling myself to do an hour or so each night to make the task seem less daunting, but that doesn't work.  Besides, I know once I get started, I will just keep going, so it won't just be an hour.

I swear I'm starting tonight though.  As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to start going through my closet to bag up perfectly good clothes I won't or can't wear anymore.  I will take them to the local consignment store tomorrow.  On Saturday, I'm getting some boxes/tubs from my parents, so I can then begin making some real progress. 

And since I'm putting it here on my blog, I want all (two) of you to ask me on Sunday night how much packing I've gotten done.  Seriously. Do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover