Image Map

Friday, June 24, 2011

Five Questions Friday


It's time for "Five Questions Friday."  I've missed doing this the last two weeks because I was out of town.  But I'm glad to jump in again.  Let's see how I do on four hours' sleep.  

1. What is your current favorite tv show?
I don't know if I can pick just one.  I have so many shows I love, and my DVR could testify to this fact.  A few months ago, I would have said "Friday Night Lights," but I don't suppose that counts anymore since it's over.  (Yes, I know there are still episodes airing on NBC, but I already finished the season/series with DirecTV.)  "Brothers and Sisters" has also been cancelled, so that takes that one out.  Are we noticing a trend here?  I guess I'll have to say "Army Wives."  It only has one season left, but it's been a fantastic show.  I think it's probably a pretty accurate portrayal of military life (albeit a bit more dramatic for TV appeal), but if anyone has an opposite opinion, please let me know.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?
Oh man.  In high school, I went to a cheap hair place and said I wanted layers.  I thought they would give me soft layers.  They did not.  I don't think I have a photo of said massacre.  But trust me, it was awful. 

3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?
I spent so many days and nights with my childhood best friend, Erica.  Her family had a camper, and as soon as the weather was nice enough, her parents would set the camper up in the driveway.  Erica and I would have our sleepovers in there, and for some reason, it felt really grown up and cool to be out there late at night.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?
Hmm.  This is a tough question.  I haven't had to think about family fun yet, let alone frugal family fun.  Game nights are always a good standard though -- board games or video games.  The key is getting everyone to shut off or put away their phones so there are no distractions and it really is all about the family.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?
No.  I have driven halfway across the country once (Iowa to coastal South Carolina), and it was a beating.  Although ... maybe if I had more time and someone else with whom to share the driving, it would be an interesting trip.  OK, so let's change my "no" to "I'd be open to it."  But usually, I'm anxious to just get to my destination and then get home, so flying is my favorite option.

Oh, and why am I sleep-deprived?  
Because of this man ...



I drove five hours round-trip last night to see Michael Buble perform in Des Moines.  It was totally worth it.  He puts on a great show -- his voice, his humor and his banter with the audience.  Loved loved loved him!!!  I didn't get home until after 2 a.m., but I have no regrets about my decision to go. 

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover