Image Map

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Food for thought

I go through phases with my food.  I find something I like, and I eat a lot of it until I get sick of it, then I move on to something else.  The pattern repeats constantly.  Am I the only one?  Ever since I started Weight Watchers, I've challenged myself to try some healthier foods that I previously avoided or maybe just never tried before. 


Here are my current food obsessions:


Foldout Artisan Flatbreads
I was looking for bagel thins (still wanting to try them), and saw these on sale, so I picked them up.  They have transformed my lunches.  They're only 3 WW points each, which means a BLT is only 7 points total (if you use three strips of bacon and a tiny bit of mayo like I do).  Pair it with some fresh fruit or a small salad, and it's a fantastic lunch.



Fresh pineapple
I've bought a whole one and cut it up, but it was a ton of work.  It's not cheap to buy it pre-cut, but to me, it's so worth it.  And of course fruit is 0 WW points, so I find myself eating a ton of it when I need a sweet fix.

Chobani yogurt
I've only taken to yogurt in the last year or so, and I kept hearing greek yogurt was better for you.  The first brand I tried was not so good.  Very gritty.  Chobani is so smooth though.  I love it so much it's almost like a dessert.  The raspberry is my favorite, but I like almost all of the flavors I've tried.  I'm still aching to get my hands on some pineapple, but I haven't found it yet in my area.  Each serving of this is 4 WW points.


Edamame
I tried this for the first time when I was at a sushi place with friends last weekend.  So good.  I'm definitely going to be buying and cooking some at home.  Anyone have any edamame tips?


I'm still on the hunt for something that's great for breakfast on the go.  I'm not very good at getting up in time to sit down and enjoy a good breakfast, so I usually end up having a Special K bar at my desk.  But that doesn't hold me over very well.  Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I love pineapple, Chobani, and edamame! My breakfast is two boiled eggs and a bunch of fresh strawberries. It's delicious (to me) and it keeps me really full until lunch! It's always super portable and easy. Sometimes I even have to force myself to eat at noon.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover