Image Map

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday's Snapshot: Homework

As any homeowner knows, there is always some project that can be done around the house.  I've only had my home a few months, and I'm still figuring out what I want to do and where I want to put things. 

Today, my parents came up and we stained the small deck on the front of the house.  It looks 100% better than it did before.  The original plan was to stain the back deck as well, but we've had recent discussions about possibly taking out that deck next summer and putting on a screened-in porch ... so we held off on staining that.  Fine with me.  It was pretty warm today, so the few hours spent on the front was enough. 

We cleaned up and got some lunch and ran some errands. On the way home, we stopped at a furniture and flooring place.  I've been wanting to re-do the carpet in my place --- the current carpet is really dated and worn --- but I've been completely overwhelmed by the options.  Having Mom and Dad along really helped.  I brought home two samples and instantly knew which one I wanted, so in the next week or so, I'm going to try and get an estimate and maybe even get it put in. 

After Mom and Dad left, I was still feeling pretty motivated, so I finally got to that art project for my bedroom.  I really liked Jaci's suggestion of creating a diamond pattern.  I used white canvas as the background for the three green cardstock pieces.  It didn't take me long, and I think it added just the right amount of color.  Here's the final result...


I won't be on "HGTV's Design Star" anytime soon, but I think it works.
What do you think?

2 comments:

Pin It button on image hover