Image Map

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bucket listings

Bucket lists -- are they lame?

Eh.  Even if they are, I don't care.  I have one. And it's always growing.

There are a lot of things I want to do in whatever time I have left on the Earth.  I know I won't get to all of them (some are out of my control), but it's fun to have a list anyway.  My theory is you always have to have something left to strive for or life just becomes a boring sequence of moments. 

So, without further preamble, here are a few of the things on my list (including some I've checked off)...

 Travel somewhere that requires a passport.
I have never been out of the United States. At all.  This needs to change.

 Buy a home. [check]
I'm really proud I was able to do this earlier this year.  On my own.  Thankyouverymuch.

Be mentioned in someone's liner notes.  
A few years ago, I pre-ordered an Aaron Lines CD.  This earned me a spot in the liner notes.  But that's not special.  I want to earn my way into the "thank yous" or "acknowledgements" in someone's work of music.  I know most people buy digital music these days, so maybe this one is a bit outdated.

Swim in the ocean.  
I have put my feet in the water on both coasts, but seeing as how I'm kind of terrified of water where I can't see the bottom, AND I refuse to appear in public in a swimsuit, this one might take awhile.

See a game in every MLB ballpark.
I've been to seven currently used ballparks and four that have since been retired.  I'm visiting another new one next week, but I still have a long ways to go.

 Be serenaded by a favorite musician. [check]
I'm choosing to count "Happy Birthday" on my 30th by Tim Stopulos as a suitable accomplishment.  Although, if someone wants to one-up this, I won't turn it down.

Go on a cruise.
This one and the first one could easily be knocked out at the same time. Hmm.

 Interview someone famous. [check]
The first "celebrity" I interviewed was Tony Lucca.  I know not all of you know who he is, but it was a big big deal for me to get to interview him back in 2003.  I've included the above photo of someone a bit more recognizable (although I know not all of my friends/readers like him).  I had the opportunity to interview Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in 2007.  Several candidates came through the town I was working in, but they are the only two who allowed direct questions from the local media.

Attend the taping of a TV show.
I always wanted to go to "Oprah," but I didn't make it there before she ended the show.  I'm not sure which one I'd like to go to now, but I'll be thinking about it. A game show could be fun.  I also wouldn't mind attending a "Bachelor: Women Tell All" or "Bachelorette: Men Tell All."  We'll see.

Fall in love.
Not necessarily with Zach Gilford (pictured).  But given the chance ...  Seriously, though, I've pretty much given up on this one ever happening, but I'll leave it on the list for now ... just in case.



Do you have a bucket list (or something similar)?  What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover