Image Map

Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Questions Friday

My allergies are kicking my butt, friends.  Last night, I took a three-hour nap on the couch, woke up for three hours and then went to bed and slept about eight hours.  Crazy.  I still feel kinda crappy today.  Thank goodness it's Friday, and I'm looking at a relatively tame weekend.  My parents are coming up tomorrow to help me with some home projects.  Other than that, it's just lots of sports-watching -- love my Cyclones and Rangers.
Let's get to Five Questions Friday!


1. If you had a weekly newspaper column, what would you name it?
Interestingly enough, I had a weekly column for the nine years I was in the newspaper industry.  In Corsicana, I had two -- one opinion and one entertainment.  In Ennis, I just had one.  In Perry, I had one.  I can't remember what the early ones were called, but my Perry column was called "Taking the Mic."  Sort of a play on my name.  I kind of miss having a column, but this blog is filling that space just fine.

2. Who is your mentor/inspiration?
This is a really tough question.  I'm not sure I have one.  I look up to my mom and a few other women in my life, but I'm not sure I'd call them my mentor or inspiration.  I'm going to have to think on this question a bit.

3. What is your wake up beverage of choice?
Coffee.  Easily.  My favorite?  Caribou's Daybreak blend.  Or really any Caribou blend.  The last time I was in the area of a Caribou, I loaded up on three pounds of coffee.  The manager asked me if I was buying for other people.  I guess he thought it was a large amount.  He laughed when I said it was all for me.  I said, "This should last me until about Christmas, and then I'll be back for more."

4. Would you wear your mom's clothes?
Probably, yes.  I have worn some of her clothes in the past, and I can see that happening again in the near future.  She has a new job where she mostly wears scrubs, so I may inherit some of the items in her closet.

5. When you were a kid, did you put posters on your wall? If so, what were they of?
When I was really young, it was Thomas Ian Nicholas, Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Jason Priestley.  Then I discovered 'N Sync.  Once I fell for them, my walls, ceiling and even closet doors were plastered with the faces of Justin, Chris, Joey, Lance and JC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover