Image Map

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WLJ: Behaving badly

I've been pretty bad this week.  I didn't track my points.  I went out to eat about five times.  I only worked out twice.  All this considered, I knew I deserved whatever gain I had.

To my astonishment, I actually had a loss.  A small one.  But it was still a loss.  I did not expect or earn it.  So I'm just going to take it as a gift from the universe and a message to keep going.

I don't know how to explain my backslide ...

... I haven't lost motivation.  That wedding is looming closer on the horizon, and I am pretty certain I won't reach my goal weight by then, but I've learned to be OK with that.

... I had kind of a busy week, but it's really not a good excuse.  If my goal is a priority, I need to make time for it.

... I wasn't particularly stressed about anything.  In fact, it was a pretty good week.

I guess I just got lazy.  That's the only explanation I have.

The best part about all of this is that I know even after a bad day or week, I can make things right by getting back on track.  I just have to turn the page and continue on.  I can and will reach my goal.  I just have to keep working.  Eventually, it'll all pay off.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress:-1.4 lbs.
Progress to date: -11.4 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I turned down cookies twice.  I'd say that's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover