Image Map

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WLJ: Staying on track on the road

The biggest hurdles for me in this journey are vacations/weekend trips.  And I've had a lot of them since I started on my weight-loss road.  Even if I tell myself I'm going to be really good, I'm never as good as I set out to be.  I learned that early on, and now leave room for a few poor choices here and there without sabotaging all my progress.

I spent the past weekend in Las Vegas.  It was my first time there and I was celebrating the upcoming wedding of one of my best friends.  I knew I would be indulging and so I prepared for it by being really good in the days leading up to the trip.  I stuck very close to my daily points (saving my weekly points for the weekend), and I did 90-minute workouts instead of 60 minutes in the days before I left.

All of this paid off.  Despite enjoying a frozen alcoholic beverage, a few glasses of wine, an apple pie waffle, bananas foster and a rich side dish of truffle mac, I actually had a loss.  All of the walking probably helped.  I also got plenty of rest (which I've learned is a HUGE factor).  I didn't drink as much water as I usually do at home, but I'm still happy with how I did.  I gave up nothing in Sin City and still dropped a few tenths of a pound.  It's not much, but I will absolutely take it.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: - 0.4 lbs.
Progress to date: -12.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory: Last Thursday, I ran 3.5K and then did an hour of kickboxing.  I was exhausted when I was done, but it was a great workout.  Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover