Image Map

Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekends are supposed to be for rest, right?

As I've mentioned here a few times, my weekends have been pretty packed lately.  They've all been fun, but they've also been extremely busy.  The one that starts in just a few hours is no exception.  Here's what I have on tap:

Tonight
  • Drive to parents' house -- It's a little more than two hours.

Saturday
  • Race For the Cure 5K -- It's my second year participating in this event, and it's always so much fun.
  • Lunch with Ashley -- I always look forward to catching up with her.
  • Baby Shower -- My friends, Heather and Coltan, just moved into a new house and are expecting a baby girl in January. I'm excited to help them prepare for her arrival.
  • World Series Game 3 -- I haven't yet decided if I'll watch in a bar (possibly fun) or at my parents' house (cheaper drinks and decidedly safer for my mood).

Sunday
  • Drive back from parents' house.
  • Meet with a seamstress -- Three weeks from today, I'll be pulling on a beautiful dress for the wedding of one of my best friends. It needs a few adjustments to fit right.
  • World Series Game 4 -- Sunday evenings are usually for unwinding, but that won't be the case with my boys.  I don't care.  I'm loving every minute of this postseason (even the ones where I seem angry and frustrated).

Weekends are supposed to be used to unwind from the week and get ready for a new one, right?  Maybe I'll get one like that someday, but probably not in the near future.

What does your weekend look like?  Are you getting to take it easy or are you booked like I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover