Image Map

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Abducted by NaNoWriMo

I swear I'm still here. And I am still writing.  It's just that all of my writing energy has gone into my work and my NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) project.  All week, I've been thinking about blog posts I should write, but I've used every spare writing moment on my NaNoWriMo novel.

According to the web site, National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000 word, (approximately 175 page) novel by 11:59:59, November 30.

I had considered continuing a work that was already in progress, but I changed my mind at literally the last minute. As I opened my computer to get started on Nov. 1, I opened a brand new document instead of the old one.  I had no concept in mind, but quickly decided to write about four twentysomethings who are making a road trip to the Austin City Limits Music Festival.  I'm just over 10,000 words into the project, and I still don't have a title, nor do I know how it's going to go or end.  That's the fun of writing -- the story is always an adventure for me too.  I'm anxious to see what happens next.  It may not be a story I publish or even share publicly, but I'm hoping it'll give me the push I need to finish that aforementioned work in progress.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover