Image Map

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WLJ: The yo-yo continues

Halloween indulgence kind of did me in this week. 

So did a lack of physical activity.

And an influx of stress and hormones (sorry if that's TMI, but ... well ... it's a fact).

I was not good this week.  Not good at all.  So I knew I might see a gain.  I think I'm actually relieved it was only about two pounds.  And I'm not going to let it bother me.  I can't.  If I get discouraged by a gain during a bad week, I'll never reach my goal.

Last week, I told you my life was a little crazy right now.  And it definitely is.  I haven't had the energy to give my weight-loss goal the proper attention, but I'll be there soon.  Now that baseball season is (quite sadly) over, I have more time to workout.  After next week's wedding, I'll have more time at home for cooking proper meals.  Seriously.  Better habits are on the horizon.  I will reach my goal weight by spring. 

That said, my friend, Jill, reminded me last week that I can't measure my success by the numbers.  She pointed out that I ran two 5Ks in October and definitely workout more often than I used to.  She's right.  Even if the scale doesn't reflect my progress, I'm definitely more fit than I was a few months ago.  It's important to recognize that and tell myself the scale will catch up eventually.  It always does -- either way.

Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: +1.8 lbs.
Progress to date: -12.2 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I don't really have one this week.  I'm not particularly proud of how I behaved this week with regard to my weight-loss goal.

I probably won't get to weigh in or do a write up next week because I will be on the road, so check back in two weeks to see how I'm doing.  Thanks for all the support, friends.  I couldn't do it without so many great people cheering me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover