Image Map

Monday, December 26, 2011

Music Monday: Favorite Albums of 2011

Now that the gifts have been opened (and some returned) and the Christmas decorations have come down (or is that just me?), it's time to turn our attention to the next holiday. My favorite.  The New Year.  Half the enjoyment for me comes in looking back at the year behind us.  

As a music enthusiast, I obviously have my favorite albums of the past year.  Here they are, in no particular order ...

 
Modern Love
Matt Nathanson
Favorite tracks: "Modern Love," "Faster," "Mercy," "Queen of (K)nots"


Songs of Separation
Favorite tracks: "Something's Gotta Give," "A Little Bit Better," "Malaga," "Unconditional" 


Sunshine State of Mind
We The Kings
Favorite tracks: "The View From Here," "You and Only You," "Say You Like Me" 


 Gravity Happens
Kate Voegele
Favorite Tracks: "Enough For Always," "Hundred Million Dollar Soul," "Impatient Girl"


When I Stop Running
TFDI
Favorite tracks: "Hurtin' Kind," "Hold On Tight," "Lover I Don't Have to Love" 


Gift Horse
Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers
Favorite tracks: "1993," "Song For Lovers," "Gravity" 


 Stronger
Kelly Clarkson
Favorite tracks: "Mr. Know-It-All," "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)," "Dark Side," "You Can't Win" 


The Lovesick
Jason Reeves
Favorite tracks: "Helium Hearts," "Truth," "Save My Heart"


Marc Broussard
Marc Broussard
Favorite tracks: "Lucky," "Cruel," "Let It All Out"


Weight & Wings
Matt Wertz
Favorite tracks: "Don't Come Easy," "Everything Will Be Alright," "Nobody's You"


If you have Spotify, I've made a playlist of all of these albums (except for Tim Stop, which isn't available on Spotify. Instead, I've linked him through his name above).
The rest of the goodies are here. Take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover