Image Map

Monday, December 12, 2011

Music Monday: Secular Christmas Songs

Last week, I shared some of my favorite holiday originals.  This week, it's time for songs we all know that are not religious in nature.  It was really hard choosing just five!

"Sleigh Ride" by Leroy Anderson
A lot of artists have recorded this, but I still prefer an instrumental version. This high school band did a great job. It reminds me of all those years when I was in band, and we insisted on playing this for our holiday concerts.

"Christmas Time is Here" - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Who doesn't love Charlie Brown?

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" - Mariah Carey
This song always reminds me of one of my favorite holiday movies, "Love Actually." 
You can see that version here.

"Winter Wonderland" - Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers
Love, love, love this song.  And Stephen's rendition (Javier Colon joins him here) is possibly my favorite to listen to.  The visual on this video isn't great, but the audio can't be beat.

Again, embedding was disabled, so you'll have to click to listen to it at youtube. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover