Image Map

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

WLJ: One week at a time

Weight Watchers unveiled a slew of changes to Points Plus late last week.

They also changed my daily point total.  That's fine.  There were some days 29 was too many points to eat anyway.  And I can change it back if I want.  But I don't wan to.  I'm serious about my goal. 

That doesn't mean it's not a challenge.  Especially with Christmas goodies all around me ... and cold days that make me want to cuddle under the covers right after work instead of working out.  Sure, I could boycott cookies and candies and workout 90 minutes each time instead of 60.

But ... that won't happen.

I'm only human, after all.  I'm not always going to be on my best behavior.  I just have to take it week by week and minimize the bad choices.  I dd a pretty good job of that last week.  I knew I had a work party last Saturday, so I stuck close to my points all week, so all my extras were saved for some indulgence on Saturday night. 

I've been really good about sticking to the 20 Day Holiday Workout Challenge.  Exercising five days a week isn't that bad when you know you have two days off (which I believe the body needs).  And my workouts are actually pretty fun, so I don't mind it at all.  Last week, I rotated between my Biggest Loser Challenge game, Zumba and Wii Fit training (all on my Wii).  I really miss getting outside to run, but no way am I going to venture out into the snow and cold.  My lungs would hate me.  I do have a treadmill (it was left in my house by the previous owners ... ha!), so I may have to give that a whirl a few times this winter just to keep going. 

What do you do to stay motivated during the winter months?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover