Image Map

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WLJ: Emotional connection

I've mentioned this before on here, but I strongly believe there is a tie between emotions and weight-loss. I found a few articles on the interwebz that support my theory:

Weight Loss, Emotions Go Hand in Hand
Gain Control of Emotional Eating

I went through a bunch of emotions late last week.  Some people eat when they're stressed.  I'm the opposite. I'm a non-eater when I'm stressed.  So over the weekend, I really didn't stick to my meal plan because I was too busy dealing with my thoughts and emotions.  I didn't go over my points, but I didn't eat as many fruits and vegetables as I should have, and I'm pretty sure I didn't drink half of the water I should have on Saturday.

Because of all that, I wasn't surprised to hold steady this week.  In fact, I'm actually happy with that.

Best of all, I know last week is now in the past and I can start a new week now.  I'm figuring out ways to handle my emotions and stress in a way that they won't jeopardize my goals or relationships.

I'm a work-in-progress, kids. Probably always will be.

Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: +/- 0 lbs.
Progress to date: -16.2 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I did a ton of baking these past few days, but limited how many of the treats I ate.  If you knew how good my house smelled, you'd realize that's a pretty significant victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover