Image Map

Monday, February 20, 2012

Music Monday: Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers - "Gravity"

Yep, they get to be highlighted twice this month.  Deal with it.

I'm going to see them live this Saturday.  It'll be my first concert of 2012, and I'm taking two people who have never seen SK6ERS perform.  It's going to be great. And they're going to love it. 

Here's a video featuring one of the tracks off their new album, "Gift Horse." 



Bonus:

I know some people who get annoyed when musicians write a bunch of songs about their families, but those songs melt me.  And they show a whole other side of the musician. I think sometimes it's easy to forget they're not just musicians. They're also someone's child, spouse, sibling, parent, etc.  Some of my favorite SK songs are the ones he's written about his daughters.

To his firstborn, Sophia:


This one was also about Sophia, if I'm not mistaken:


To the second one, Adeline:


To the baby, Noelle:


He references Sophia here, but I can see this being a song for all of them: 

1 comment:

  1. I like it when musicians write about their wives/kids, etc. I think it's sweet. I also have friends who are musicians and I know those are their favorite songs to sing!!

    Have a great time at your concert!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover