Image Map

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WLJ: All the right tools

When you're working out and trying to eat better, you need a little help.  Here are some of the tools I'm currently using to keep me on the right track:


Weight Watchers Online: You knew this, but it's still an important one to note. I make better food choices when I know I have to track them. Plus, there are some yummy recipe ideas on there. There's also an app for my phone, so I can track even if I'm not near my computer.

Weight Watchers Scanner App: I downloaded this app for my phone, and I use it every time I go grocery shopping. It's hard to figure out the points values of some things just by looking at the label, so this has been really handy in making sure I stock my fridge and cupboards with good things.

Fitocracy: As a fan of video games, I like the idea of leveling up.  This "game" feeds into that.  I get points for every workout, and I can "give props" to my friends as they move up.

Twitter/Friends: Support and accountability are huge. Fortunately, I have plenty of friends who are on a mission to get more fit as well. I text almost daily with my friends, Jill and Jamie.  And as I mentioned last week, I'm in a fitness challenge with a bunch of Twitter folks. We're tweeting our workouts each day with the hashtag - #GetYourAssMovingApril. Anyone is welcome to join in.

What tools are important for you?

Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress:- 3 lbs.
Progress to date: -24.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I knew I had a trip coming up, so I've worked out every day for the past week.  Don't worry, my body will get a pretty good break during my little vacation.


Blogger's Biggest Loser

2 comments:

  1. Support is so useful! I like that hashtag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just joined Weight Watchers last week!! I'm hoping I have similar success to you.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover