Image Map

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WLJ: It happens

I'm not off to a great start this month.

I've been lax about tracking (back-to-back weekends away).

I've indulged.

I've worked out sporadically.

I haven't been sleeping when I should.

I'm a little stressed about some things.

So the fact that I've gained 2 lbs. since I last weighed in (two weeks ago) is not a surprise. I'm actually surprised it's not more.  So I'll consider it a victory of sorts.

I'm not going to let 2 lbs. break me anyway.  I've come too far to let a minor bump detract my entire journey.

So what if it takes me another year to reach my goal?  Or another three years?  Because it might take that long.  I have to be ready for that.

As long as I keep getting back on track and working toward my goal, I'll be fine.

I know I'm in better shape than I was a year ago, and in another year, I will be saying the same thing.

I'm not going to let a small setback stop me.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress:+2 lbs.
Progress to date: -22.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I survived (and enjoyed) my Total Body Burn workout last Thursday. After I finished, I still had energy for a quick run.  Amazing.

5 comments:

  1. Everyone hits their plateau's, soon enough you'll be back on track and better than ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Perfectly Imperfect Holly's blog. I love your attitude here! Keep up the good work :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things "de-stress" for you soon! I think you look marvelous! :)

    Have a great day!
    (tell Luke hi!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just starting my diet plan and work out regimen. Any tips? Ugh, it's very hard bc I LOVE food but I must get rid of all this extraness! Congrats on your total loss to date! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement and for stopping by. I had no way to reply to you directly/privately, so I hope you see this comment.

      Here are my tips for getting on track ...
      1. Track your food. I use Weight Watchers Online, but I have friends who have used caloriecount.com and MyFitnessPal (an app on the phone), and that works great for them. I find that just monitoring what I eat makes me more conscious of my food choices.

      2. Get moving. You don't have to join a gym or buy new equipment. It can be as simple as going for a nice long walk in the morning or evening -- whenever is convenient for you. If you decide to join a gym or fitness class, make sure it's something you enjoy. You'll be more inclined to go if you love it.

      3. Have an accountability pal. I blog every Tuesday, which keeps me going, and I also have friends I can text if I'm having a bad day. They're really good about inspiring and motivating me. I do the same for them.

      I hope that helps!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover