Image Map

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Survey on a Saturday

Confession: I love e-mail/facebook surveys.

I like answering questions to reveal things about me to others -- and sometimes even to myself.  So when Holly posted this the other day, I knew I had to do it too.  

Basically, the rules are you cross off things you've done before and explain your answer.

So enjoy.


Appearance
I have/had piercings besides the ears.  I got my belly button pierced at some point during my freshman year of college, but I took the piercing out a LONG time ago.
I want piercings besides the ears.
I have many scars. I have one on my knee where I sliced it open playing softball in my backyard (I don't know how to explain it better) and a small one up in my eyebrow from the chicken pox.
I tan easily.
I wish my hair was a different color.
I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color. I'm not 100 percent sure what my natural hair color is at this point.  It's probably there now, but I don't know.
I have a tattoo.  I have three tattoos.
I want a tattoo. I definitely want at least one more.
I can be self-conscious about my appearance. Constantly.  Isn't everyone?
I have/had braces. I had them twice for a total of almost five years.  Yeah, it sucked, but my teeth look pretty good now.
I have more than two piercings.

Embarrassment
Disney movies still make me cry. Um, yeah.  Should I be embarrassed about this?
I've laughed so hard I've cried. Those are the best kinds of laughs.
I've glued my hand to something.
I've laughed until some kind of beverage came out of my nose. Yep. Koolaid. Back in elementary school.
I've touched something sharp/hot/etc. to see if it would hurt.

Health
I've gotten stitches. In my forehead when I was in 1st grade. I tripped over someone else's shoelace and face planted on the asphalt playground surface.
I've broken or dislocated a bone. Just a toe.
I've had my tonsils removed.
I've had my wisdom teeth removed.
I've had chicken pox. I think it was in 4th grade. 
I've had malaria.
I've had typhoid.
I've had jaundice.

Travel
I've been on a plane. I was 20 the first time I flew, and it was to Washington, D.C. for the college media conference.
I've been to the U.S. Uh, yes. I live here.
I've been to Europe.
I've been to at least one other country.
I've never been out of the country. Yeah, I know, I need to get on this.
I've driven/ridden over 200 kilometers in one day. Many, many, many times.  And way over 200 km (which is only about 124 miles ... not that far).


Experiences
I've gotten lost in my city.
I've seen a shooting star. Yep. Again, who hasn't?
I've wished on a shooting star. Every time.
I've seen a meteor shower.
I've done out in public in my pajamas. 
I've pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
I've slapped someone.
I've kissed someone underwater.
I've chugged something. Many things, including but not limited to water and Busch Light (gotta love shotgunning contests in college).
I've crashed a car. I went in the ditch on an icy day in high school. Does that count?
I've been skiing.
I've been in a musical. I was in three in high school - "Wizard of Oz," "Annie Get Your Gun" and "South Pacific."  Small roles every time.  I'm OK with that.
I've auditioned for something. For the musicals listed above, cheerleading squads in high school, a college band scholarship and the college cheerleading squad (I was not selected for this one).
I've been on stage. Lots of times.
I've caught a snowflake on my tongue. 
I've sat on a rooftop at night. I used to do this at my friend Erica's house all the time.
I've pranked someone. I can't remember a specific one, but I have.
I've ridden in a taxi. 

Death
I'm afraid of dying. More like I'd be afraid of what I'm leaving behind and what I'd be missing out on. (Just leaving Holly's answer here ...that's mine.)
I hate funerals. Who likes them?
I've seen someone/something die. 
Someone close to me has attempted/committed suicide. 
I have attempted suicide.
I've thought about suicide before.
I've written a eulogy for myself. It was a class assignment.  Pretty morbid, huh?

Materialism
I own over 10 music CDs.
I own over 10 novels. 
I own over 5 electronic gadgets. 
I'm obsessed with anime/magna.
I collected comic books.
I own a lot of makeup. 
I own gaming consoles. Just a Wii.
I own a car. 
I own a bike. 
I thrive on compliments. I like them even if I still have a long way to go in getting used to hearing them.
I thrive on hate. <--- Is this a real thing?

Random
I can sing low key. 
I've stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
I open up to others easily. Usually, but I hold a lot back, too.
I watch the news occasionally or always.
I like to kill bugs.
I sing in the shower. 
I'm a morning person. 
I'm a sports cricket fanatic.
I twirl my hair. 
I care about grammar. 
I love spam.
I've copied more than 30 CDs in a day.
I bake reasonably well. 
My favorite color is either white, yellow, pink, blue, red, black, purple, or orange. Purple.
I would wear pajamas to school. I did a few times in college, but my pajamas rarely LOOK like pajamas.
I like Martha Stewart.
I laugh at my own jokes. 
I eat fast food weekly.
I've not turned anything in and still got an A in a certain class.
I can't sleep if there's a bug/insect in the room.
I'm really ticklish. 
I like chocolate. 
I bite my nails.
I'm good at remembering names. 
I'm good at remembering dates. Sometimes.
My memory sucks.
I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.

People
....used to ask if I was anorexic/bulimic.
....called me fat. 
....say I'm skinny. 
....have said I'm ugly. 
....have said I'm pretty. Rarely. And usually it's people who know me really well.
....have spread rumors about me. 
....force me to eat.
....say I eat too much. 
....say I eat too little.
....say I eat too fast. 
....say I eat too slow. 
....have called me a genius.
....have given me gifts. 

Eating
I've lost weight. 
I've gained weight. 
I'm at my thinnest.
I'm at my biggest.
I've lost weight and kept it off. 
I've lost weight, but gained it back. 
My weight affects my mood. It used to, but I'm working on not letting this be the case.
I diet.
I'm vegan/vegetarian.
I exercise.
I've fainted from exhaustion.

Family
I've sworn at my parents.
I've planned to run away from home before.
I've run away from home.
I have a sibling less than one year old.
I want kids.
I've had kids.
I've lost a child.

Relationships
I'm engaged.
I'm married.
I'm in a relationship.
I've gone on a blind date.
I have/had a friend with benefits.
I miss someone right now.
I have a fear of abandonment.
I don't like to depend on others.
I've gotten divorced.
I've had feelings for someone who didn't have them back.
Someone has/had feelings for me when I didn't have them back.
I've told someone I loved them when I didn't.
I've told someone I didn't love them when I did.
I've kept something from a past relationship. 

Sexuality
I'm a cuddler.
I've been kissed in the rain.
I've hugged a stranger.
I've kissed a stranger.

Bad times
I regularly drink. It's more like socially.
I can't swallow pills.
I can swallow numerous pills at a time without difficulty.
I've been diagnosed with depression at some point.
I have anxiety problems.
I shut others out when I'm upset. It depends on what I'm upset about.
I don't have anyone to talk to when I'm upset.
I have taken/take anti-depressants.
I've slept an entire day before.
I've plotted revenge. Nothing illegal or harmful ... but yeah ... who hasn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover