Image Map

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The house cleaning shuffle

You thought you'd come here and see some new dance fad, didn't you?

Sorry. No youtube video here.

But there is music involved.  Keep reading.

Most Saturdays (when I stay home) are the same --- Zumba, clean house, shower, relax.

Music is my best cleaning companion.  So ... I'll put my ipod in the speaker dock and let it go to shuffle.

Inspired by Rachel's post on Thursday, I thought I'd show you a sample of what might come up while I'm cleaning.

Here are the first 12 songs that came up on my ipod today:

Taylor Swift - "Mean"

Love this song.  It applies to so many people I've known in recent years.

Tony Lucca - "So Long"

One of my all time Tony favorites.  Seriously. 

Ingram Hill - "The Captain"

"Let the captain take you home ..." It took me a few listens to realize what this song is really about.

Nathan Angelo - "These Ol' Keys"

Sigh. My weakness for boys who play the keys.  Why haven't I seen Nathan live yet?

Bryan White - "So Much For Pretending"

Aw, my first country music crush.

Pink - "Heartbreak Down"

I want to see her live someday. So bad.


John Mayer - "Back To You" (Any Given Thursday version)

I'm surprised this was the ONLY Mayer song to come up since he takes up a lot of real estate on my ipod.

*N Sync - "It's Gonna Be Me"

I forgot how ridiculous this video is.  Ha ha ha.

Amanda Seyfried - "Honey, Honey" (from the "Mamma Mia!" soundtrack)

This is one of my go-to movies.   I like the sing-a-long version, although I could do without ever hearing Pierce Brosnan sing again.

David Ryan Harris - "Turn Around"

Good grief, I miss this man.  So much.

Glee Cast - "To Sir With Love"

This scene in the show made me cry.  The kids singing to Mr. Schuester.  Awwwwww.  Therefore, I tend to get teary-eyed everytime I hear the song now. Yep, I'm a sap.

Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers - "We Belong Here"


This song is amazing.  It speaks to me and for me so loud.  "When you're young all you want is a place to belong. You'll change how you look and the way that you talk.  If I'm being honest, I'll have to admit that sometimes it gets to me still. Like I'm back in school and I want them to like me, but I know that they never will."


I should probably get moving on my Saturday to-do list so I can relax later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover