Image Map

Friday, June 8, 2012

If we're going to be friends ...

I read dozens of blogs everyday.  Fascinating and fun people I'd love to hang out with.  Maybe we will someday. I wonder what it'll be like.  Will they be exactly like they are on their blog?  Will I be what they expected?

Last week, Neely posted this, and I thought it was a really cute idea, so I'm stealing it.  

Maybe this will give my bloggy friends an idea of what it's like to be friends with me in real life.


Things you should know about me if we're going to be friends ...

... If you get a drink with a cherry in it, I will be tempted to steal the cherry.  I won't steal it outright.  Most of the time.  But I will eye it longingly, so if you aren't going to eat it, please save me the torture and just hand it over right away.  The same can also be said for pickles.


... Don't call me during a Texas Rangers game. Texting is fine, but no calls. Unless it's an emergency.  And it better be a big one.  I'm not saying you're not as important as they are, but ... I get fixated when I'm watching a game.  And if they're playing poorly (as has been the case lately), you probably don't want to talk to me at that moment anyway.

... I will always order beer when we're out. I am not creative enough to find a mixed drink I love, so I stick to the tried and true.  Unless you want to split a bottle of wine with me, and then I know we're best friends.

... There will be cat hair on my furniture. If you're coming to visit, I will eliminate as much of it as possible, but I probably won't get all of it. Ever. Cleo and Casey run the house. They just allow me to live there.

... I am a great listener. I might not know what to say or how to fix whatever problem you're having, but I will always listen.  And bring wine, ice cream, Channing Tatum movies or whatever else will make you feel better.

... If I invite you to hang out a few times and you say "no," I will stop asking. Even if you have valid reasons, I will assume you simply don't want to hang out with me or don't like my suggestions.

... I appreciate honesty, but it must be delivered with tact and sensitivity.  If you think I'm wrong about something or I'm behaving in a negative way, I want you to tell me. I want you to help me be a better person. But I'm really sensitive, and if I think you're always judging me, I will shut down.


I think that does a pretty good job of describing me.

Now, I'm off to spend the weekend with some friends who are well aware of all of these things.  They're people with whom I can always be myself, and they're some of my favorite people in the world. I only wish I got to see them more often.  But since I don't, I definitely appreciate the time I do have with them.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun!! I am totally doing this soon :) I'm a great listener, too--sounds like we're pretty similar on that end for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover