Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

Music Monday: Getting Positive

One of the most significant things I've done in the past few years is get rid of the toxic people in my life. I'm loyal to a fault, so this wasn't an easy task for me.  But it's turned out to be so worth it.  I said "goodbye" to the people who put me down, the people who didn't believe in me and those who seemed intent on keeping me more miserable than they were.  My life has only gotten better since then.

Here are a few songs I believe fit this theme ...


"Living in the Moment" - Jason Mraz
I'm letting myself off the hook for things I've done
I let my past go past, and now I'm having more fun
I'm letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong
And I believe this way can feel the same for everyone

\\\\////

"Sandcastles" - Kate Voegele
I can name some people who'd say that I've got it all wrong
But I know plenty more who've been there all along
...
Where I'm laughing is where I'm home
But you know how fast it makes the time go
And there's nothing like the very first time that I saw open road
And I wasn't terrified to ride it on my own

\\\\////


"Age of Worry" - John Mayer
Close your eyes and clone yourself
Build your heart an army
To defend your innocence
While you do everything wrong
Don't be scared to walk alone

Don't be scared to like it
There's no time that you must be home
So sleep where darkness falls
... 
Know your fight is not with them
Yours is with your time here
Dream your dreams but don't pretend
Make friends with what you are

\\\\////

"Nothing Ever Happens" - Rachel Platten
Leave what you don't need -
You’re free, and the pieces will fall into place
You and you only, who can make a little space,
And get out of your own way.

\\\\////


"The First Day" - Todd Carey
  Pain will come and it goes
The feeling recedes
Oh, the present is around you now
Will you believe?

\\\\////

What songs do you listen to when you need positive thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover