Image Map

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

WLJ: Running tunes

Last week Runner's World released their take on the Best New Running Music.  I hadn't heard any of those songs, but I'm sure there are people who are frantically ading them to their playlist.  Me?  I already have a pretty solid list that I love.  I thought I'd share it here.

Starting out with "London" is perfect.  It's got a good beat, and the melody is really uplifting.

"Getyourway" makes me smile every time, and I love love love "Freedom."

For girl power, I went with Pink, Christina, Karmin, Kelly, Selena, Miranda and Katy.  I mean ... it doesn't get much better than that.

Todd Carey's "The First Day" has been on my running playlist for a solid two years now.  I don't think it'll ever leave.  It's just so fitting.

Hot Chelle Rae adds some pop punk.  One Direction gets my boyband fix.  "Living in the Afterlife" became my anthem over the summer.  And I love ending with Tony owning that cover. 

Yeah, that's a lot of music.  Way more than I actually need for my runs (which haven't gone over 38 minutes).  But I like having tunes at the end for my cool down walk.

Do you have any staples in your running playlist?


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: - 1.6 lbs.
Progress to date: -34.2 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I went through all my winter clothes over the weekend.  My wallet is happy the "keep" pile isn't too small.  Related:  I have a lot of winter clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting closer to your weight loss goals! I'm bookmarking this running list, considering I have a dream of being someone who runs and I think some good music is exactly what I need!

    Anyway, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind emailing me at catherine2003 at gmail dot com. I wanted to talk with you about a potential partnership opportunity for your site. It will only take a moment! (Sorry to reach out to you in this public way - I wasn't sure the best way to reach you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the weight loss goal! So excited for you! I just bought several new songs and it toally has made my running so much better!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover