Image Map

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Linking up with Jamie.

I'm loving ...

... that the election ads are gone from my TV and the phone calls have stopped.
I could not take any more negativity.
I hope the "doomsday" updates soon disappear from my social media feeds too.
Come on, folks. You will survive.
Take a deep breath and realize you still live in a great country.

\\\\////

... tailgating at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames.
I've had so much fun imbibing and watching games with friends the past two weekends.
My beloved Iowa State Cyclones are one game away from bowl eligibility.
Texas, Kansas and West Virginia are all that stand in the way.
I believe they'll get that win, and maybe two.

\\\\////

... my new Droid Razr Maxx.
I have wanted this phone for a year, but I held off because my other phone was fine.
And then I dropped it and it wasn't fine anymore.
Over the weekend, Best Buy had a killer deal so I paid only $67 to upgrade.
Patience pays off, friends.

\\\\////

I love holiday music. I have a large collection.
I'm completely OK with expanding my library.
I'll TRY to hold off on playing it until after Thanksgiving.
No promises though.

\\\\////

... that Iowa State basketball season is soon returning.
I don't get into the NBA, but I love my Cyclones hoops.
That might have something to do with Fred Hoiberg.
But I'm also really excited about this year's team.
Especially Georges Niang.

\\\\////

... "Long Island Medium."
Seriously. How did it take me so long to get into this show?
I'm so intrigued by mediums, psychics and intuitives.
I adore Teresa and her dysfunctional yet awesome family.
The show gives me a good cry every week too. So?

\\\\////

... that my family pretty much agreed not to do Christmas gifts this year.
None of us really need anything that we can't/won't buy ourselves.
The holiday should be more about spending that time together.
That family vacation I wanted probably isn't happening, but we'll still have a great time.
Maybe we'll start a new tradition.

\\\\////

... friends who aren't afraid to call you out when something's not right.
Especially when you know those friends are speaking out of love and in your best interest.
There's no jealousy or ulterior motive.
They just want to tell you what they see from their side.
More often than not, you see it too -- but are in a bit of denial.

\\\\////

What are you loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover