Image Map

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

WLJ: This is why I need a gym

I'm in a bit of an exercise rut. 

OK, more than a bit.

I absolutely do not like working out at home.  I cannot get motivated to do it.  There are so many other things at home I'd rather do -- write, play on the internet, watch TV ... heck, I'd even rather clean than put on my Jillian DVD and sweat. And, here's the thing, I actually do like working out.  Once I get started.  But getting started at home is so much harder than it is at a gym. 

When I have a gym membership or class punch card, I am more inclined to go.  I've already paid for it, and I don't want to waste the money.  Plus, the classes are so much fun, I usually look forward to them rather than dread them.

Sadly, right now, I cannot justify the cost of a gym membership or fitness classes.  So I have to make the best of what I have, which includes the 30 Day Shred DVD, a Pilates DVD and a Wii Fit.  As you might recall, the 30 Day Shred was supposed to be my November Fitness Challenge.  I'm ashamed to say I haven't done the workout more than twice since this month started.  I haven't used my Wii Fit in months.

Gah. 

Someone help me get going. 

I'm so close to my goal. 

I cannot stop here just because of a financial setback.


Weight-loss goal: 40 lbs.
This week's progress: -0.8 lbs.
Progress to date: -34.8 lbs.
Non-scale victory: I completed my longest run ever last Thursday. I'm not sharing the distance because that's not the point. The point is that I felt amazing and I was so proud of myself. I might be becoming a runner.


BONUS:  Go check out my guest post about a no-gift Christmas over on Life, Love and Pursuits of Katie

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised BV doesn't offer employees the chance to use the campus fitness center :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to be my workout buddy? I can text you, you can text me. We can keep each other on track? It is getting cold and it is dark and I have a problem getting rides in so I really have to be better about either going to the gym or working out at home and especially doing weight lifting twice a week so I am totally willing to be your long distance workout buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're beating me with the Wii Fit. I used it once. 2 1/2 years ago. It told me that I was overweight. Never got on the damn thing again.

    At least you're still running...? :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover