Image Map

Monday, December 17, 2012

Music Monday: John Mayer - "Heart of Life"

I had originally planned to share a different song today.

But then last Friday happened. 

First was the school shooting in Newtown, CT, that broke my heart in every way imaginable.
Then, that evening, a sweet friend was robbed at gunpoint in her apartment complex.
It was a day filled with tragedy - from beginning to end.
Even as I went about my day and evening, my heart was heavy.
By the time I went to bed, I was filled with a sense of uncertainty.
And it just seemed like there was nothing good in the world.  

But that's not true.  

I spent much of the weekend with family and friends.
I watched Christmas movies, shared goodies, looked at lights and had good chats.
I was quickly reminded that there is still plenty of good in this world.
Those are the things and people we need to cling to when the world tries to bring us down.  

This song is one I've always turned to when I was feeling sad or lost. 
 It's beautiful and has a beautiful message I think we can all use.

My favorite lyrics:
You know it's nothing new.
Bad news never has good timing.
Then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining.

May we all find peace, courage and healing in the "heart of life."

2 comments:

  1. This is not the blog post I was expecting from you today but this wasn't the weekend I planned either. Good reminder to look for the silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this song. Perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover