Image Map

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Social - Holiday Favorites

Sunday Social


I haven't linked up for one of these lately because I've been so busy on weekends.  But I couldn't resist this week's questions so I made time to answer them.

1. What is your favorite holiday season tradition?
Ever since my friend, Amy, passed away in 2006, I have honored her memory by putting up decorations on her birthday (which was Nov. 24). Christmas was her favorite holiday, so I use that day to just kind of remember her and put up holiday cheer.  This is the first year I didn't get to do that.  For reasons I'm not disclosing (just yet), I'm not decorating my house this year.  I'll admit, my place looks a little sad and I don't feel as much holiday spirit as I usually do by this time.  Ah well.  I'll get it back soon enough.

\\\\////

2. Do you have a certain holiday movie you watch more than others? If so what is it?
I own a number of holiday movies, but the one I watch the most is definitely "Elf."  I have the DVD, but I always end up watching it when it's on TV too -- which is a lot!
 
\\\\////
 
3. Show us your favorite decoration or pinterest decoration you wish you could have.
 I would probably do this with shades of blue and silver instead, but I just love the simplicity of it.
 
\\\\////
 
4. What is your favorite holiday song?
Gah.  I cannot choose just one.  But since I must, I guess I'll go with this one:


\\\\////
 
5. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My mom makes lefsa every year. It's a Norwegian dessert that's sort of like a really thin flatbread, and you serve it with butter and sugar.  It's so good.  We only get it at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so it's always a big treat.

\\\\////
 
6. What is on your wish list this year?
Well, the number one thing is something that's not really tangible. And also something I'm not willing to share.  But if we're going with materialistic items, this is definitely on my list:

Garmin Forerunner 10 (in green)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet way to honor your friend. I'm sure she'd love it!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover