Sunday, January 27, 2013

While I was out ...

Well, that was a nice little unintentional blog break.  It was for good reason though.  Let me explain.

Last Wednesday, I was just humming along with my week, looking forward to a nice quiet weekend with my DVR when I got a call from a recruiter I've been working with.  He wanted to set up a face-to-face interview for me on Thursday.  We agreed on a time, and I began making arrangements for the weekend --- it was a 2.5-hour drive, so I decided to linger and hang out with family and friends for a few days.

Thursday, I drove down for my interview.  I thought it went really well, but after all the recent heartbreaks, I refused to let myself get too excited about it.  Instead, I just chalked it up as another interview experience, said "hello" to a friend who works in the building and headed out to my parents' house.  I spent the evening hanging with Mom and Dad.  I might have gotten to say "hi" to my brother.  That was about it.  He kind of keeps to himself, but he has to be social all day at work, so I get it.

Friday morning, I slept in a little and was just killing time until my mom's hair appointment.  My phone rang, and it was my recruiter.  The interview from the previous day had turned into a job offer.  I immediately accepted.  I liked the opportunity, and it comes with decent pay (a definite raise from my last position).  Plus, it will get me to the area I really want to live in.  Oh, and I'm beyond bored with unemployment, and therefore ready to get back to work.  So, yes, I took it.

The day immediately went from quality time with family and friends to celebrating with family and friends.  Mom and I went to lunch before her hair appointment, then I met up with Danielle for a glass bottle of wine before heading out to join Courtney and Jamie for drinks.  With the latter group, we ended up hitting up two bars and then some late night Perkins with Trevor.  Lots of laughs, especially at the second bar, where we were greeted by a guy who apologized for not being better looking (his parents shouldn't have hooked up, according to him), told us he was a stunt man in "Independence Day 2" and claimed he'd taken 15 roofies and 30 viagra for a social experiment.  Um.  Yeah.  Anyhow, I didn't get home until 1 a.m.

Saturday was more sleeping in (this is a habit I need to break soon), Cyclone basketball and dinner and ice cream with Alicia.  Then I finally headed back home for some solo time to reflect on all that happened.

I start my new job in two weeks.  I've already begun the apartment search, even though I probably won't actually move until March.  For a few weeks, I'll be staying with friends/family in the area during the work week (with some help from a few kitty sitters) and coming home on weekends.  It's not ideal, but I'll have to make it work.  I don't know how long it will take to get my house rented out or sold, but I'm hoping the winter weather allows this to be a smooth plan, and that all the driving will be worth it once I get settled. 

Either way, I'm ready for a new beginning.  Beyond ready.


  1. Can't wait to hear more about your new JOB! Congratulations Micah, I knew something good would come your way :)

  2. I am so excited for you! I knew it'd fall into place :) What will you be doing at your new job??

  3. I'm so happy for you! That's awesome, see how quickly bad luck can turn around? :)

  4. That's SO great!! Congrats =D

  5. Yeah! I am so happy for you! What will you be doing?

  6. i want to congratulate you!! yay you got a job! im so happy for you!

  7. Congrats on your new job!! I'm excited for you!!



Pin It button on image hover