Image Map

Saturday, February 23, 2013

WLJ: In transition

As you might know, I'm in a chaotic phase of life right now.  I just started a new job.  And it's located 2.5 hours from where my house is.  This means I'm staying with super generous friends during the week and returning to my house on the weekends. 

With all of this going on, it's been hard to stay on course.  I'm out of my own home and out of my routine.  It's hard to continue to eat on target and I don't get in as many workouts as I'm used to. 

I do not hold this against either of my hosts.  Both of them have been good about cooking at home, and we've made some yummy meals.  I take my lunch to work almost every day as well.  I've worked out regularly with them.  It's been good.

Weekends are tough though. My fridge is basically empty when I come home (since I'm not here during the week), so my food choices are limited.  And let's be honest, when I'm home after a busy week away, I want to do nothing but lounge and catch up on my DVR and snuggles with my furkids.

I've been stuck at the same weight for almost a month, but at least I haven't really tanked.  And this won't last forever.  I just need to keep doing my best with food choices and working out every chance I get.  Hopefully I'll be settled in my own place soon and I can start up a routine again.

\\\\////

Total weight-loss goal: 45 lbs.
This week's progress: + 1.6 lbs.
Progress to date: -31.6 lbs.
Non-scale victory: On Friday, instead of taking the elevator at work, I took the stairs.  Five flights is no joke.  My quads were burning by the time I got to my floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover