Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Music Monday - Takin' it back a few decades

The other night, I was watching one of those infomercials for a CD collection.  You know what I'm talking about.  It was playing love songs from the 70s, 80s and 90s, and there were a lot of tunes I remembered hearing on the radio in my childhood.  It got me thinking about some of the random songs I used to love and I set off to YouTube to find the videos.

This was one of the first music videos I remember seeing.  
It used to play constantly on this music channel we had when we first got cable.

\\\\////

Gah.  Love this guy's voice. 
It actually reminds me of Marc Broussard's voice.  
Interesting.

\\\\////

Such a random song.
And pretty haunting too. 
 I think it's the kids' voices.

\\\\////

I thought this was such a beautiful song when I was younger. 
Now I realize how heartbreaking it is.

\\\\////


Ok, so it's hard to see this one without thinking about the SNL impressions of Aaron Neville.
But, really, he and Linda Rondstadt sound great together.

\\\\////


This song reminds me of riding in the car with my grandpa. He loved Randy Travis.
And I still think this is one of the sweetest love songs. 

\\\\////


This was one of the first cassettes I owned. I still have it actually.
I used to sing along with her all the time.

\\\\////


I probably definitely sang along with this one too.

\\\\////

And now I've definitely shown my age.
I hope you enjoyed that little blast from the past as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous list! So many of those songs were on my favorites list as a kid. Ahh.....memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Amy Grant. I had that cassette too!! I may or may not have her on my iPod. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover