Image Map

Friday, May 10, 2013

Book Club Friday: "Reached" by Ally Condie



I finally finished the third book in this series.  I started it months ago, but life got busy with a new job, baseball and beta reading for a friend.  Now two of those are done, and I've had a little more time to read, so I made finishing this book a priority.

GoodReads description:
After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

My thoughts:
I finally finished this book ... and series. The final book of the trilogy was probably the toughest for me to get through. I was busy. And, also, I wasn't really ready for it to end. I liked all the characters, and even though I was anxious to see how they sorted everything out, I didn't want to leave them. I really like how the final book tied a lot of things together and brought back questions I had in the first two but had forgotten about. There is a bit of a happy ending, but it's not perfect, and there's plenty of sadness and loss along the way. That, I think, makes it realistic. Reading this series really made me think about what it would be like to live in a society where I didn't have a choice in anything -- what I eat, where I live, what I do for a living, who I marry and when and how many children I have. Even though there are times I hate making decisions, I feel grateful that I have the power to make them.

Rating:
4 out of 5



Now reading
"Playing Along" by Rory Samantha Green


What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Seems like an interesting series! Might have to check it out :)

    XO,
    Samm
    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had read all 3 books back to back, maybe I would've liked it more. As it was, I liked the first book the best. Probably because I loved the world the author created.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover