Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2013

Happies and Crappies

I am so glad Friday's here.  
Even though I'm not working right now, I still look forward to the weekends just the same.  

Today, I'm linking up with two of my favorite bloggers.  
Check it out!


The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up


HAPPIES

1.  I'm doing dinner and a movie ("Star Trek Into Darkness") tonight with some of my favorite girls.
I so need this.  My interaction with people has been mostly online since my unemployment started.  It'll be good to get out and be social.  Oh, and looking at Chris Pine for a few hours will be nice too.

2.  I had lunch with one of my best guy friends yesterday.
Justin and I have been friends for almost 15 years ... since my freshman year of college.  We both have moved around a lot, but since 2011, we've resided in the same towns.  I look forward to lots more lunches and other shenanigans.

3.  I sent off my Jelly of My Jams package yesterday.
I hope Katie loves the tunes I picked out for her.  And I can't wait to see what she sends me.  I can always use some new running/walking music.

4.  The Rangers are still leading the American League.
I know it's only May, and October is still a long ways away.  But that doesn't mean I can't get excited and happy about my boys and their outstanding record.  Especially with so many pitchers and players on the disabled list and rehabbing. Come back soon, Colby, Neftali, Alexi, A.J., and Martin!!

5.  I have been active almost every day this week.
Exercise is keeping me sane and out of deep depression.  Monday, I walked four miles.  Tuesday, I did Zumba at home and went to BodyPump.  Wednesday, I ran 2.7 miles and went to Zumba class.  Thursday, I walked three miles and went to BodyPump.  Today, I'm set for another run, and I'm hoping to get to BodyJam tomorrow morning.  Sunday will be a good rest day.


6.  I enjoyed our apartment complex pool twice on Tuesday.
It was in the mid-90s that day, and since I'm jobless, I decided to hit the pool.  It was nice having it all to myself ... especially since I'm still really self-conscious about wearing a swimsuit in public.
This is the only pool pic you're getting.



CRAPPIES

1.  My job search is so frustrating.
I wish I could express how worthless I'm feeling during this process.  I feel like my skills aren't marketable and that I'm just plain not good enough to do anything.  I've actually accepted that I might not get to keep working in communications and might have to learn a new field.  Kind of sad about it, but I've accepted it.

2.  Those tornadoes and storms in Texas were so scary.
A town I used to live and work in was hit hard.  I'm glad no one lost their life in that town, but other areas of the state were not so fortunate.  Thoughts and prayers to everyone recovering from the storm.

3.  I won't get my car back from the body shop until next week.
A few weeks ago, I was rear ended.  The other driver was super nice and took full blame.  Ribbie (that's my car) went into the body shop on May 7, and when they took off the bumper, they discovered more damage than anticipated.  They had to order a whole new rear panel and then work me back into the schedule, so ... a three-day repair will end up being about two weeks without my car.  I'm glad I'm not paying for any of it, and my rental car is fine, but I miss my car!

Ribbie right after we were rear ended.


Hmm ... I guess it's a good week when the "happies" outnumber the "crappies."


3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your pool time. And movie time - I really want to see the new Star Trek movie! And way to go, on being so active! Sorry about the job search - trust me, I know how that is! And I'm glad that your car is getting fixed, even though you have to say goodbye to it for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post. I like this idea. It's great your happies out weigh your crappies! Stay positive and you'll find your perfect job soon!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover