Image Map

Monday, May 13, 2013

Music Monday: Songs for windows-down weather

In case I haven't mentioned it enough lately, the weather in Iowa has been gorgeous.  There are very few things I love more than driving with the windows down.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorite tunes to blast while cruising with the breeze flowing through my car.  Enjoy!

Tim Stop - "Malaga"

Come on.  You knew there'd be at least one from this guy. And this one is perfect!
I can't wait for Tim's next album, "Across The Atlantic," which is due out around my birthday (July).
Also, if you live in Chicago and want to be in a music video, he's filming one this Friday. Hit me up for details.

\\\\////

Matt Wertz - "Get To You"

This song feeds the 80s kid inside me.
Honestly, though, most of Wertz' catalog is made for summer listening.

\\\\////

Matt Nathanson - "Faster"

"You taste like sunlight and strawberry bubble gum." Swoon.
This Matt also has a new album due out around my birthday.

\\\\////

Marc Broussard - "Home"
This might forever be my favorite Broussard song.
Takes me back to concert road trips in the summer of 2004.

\\\\////

Christina Aguilera - "Cruz"

This song was definitely made for summer drives.
But I sing along loudly, so I should probably roll the window up on this one.

\\\\////

Tyrone Wells - "Freedom"

This song is on my running playlist.
I love the upbeat sound and lyrics.
Oh, and Tyrone is pretty awesome too.

\\\\////

Todd Carey - "Ain't Got Love"

One of the first songs I ever heard from Todd.
And I still love it six years later.

\\\\////

Tony Lucca - "Foxy Jane"

Talk about some car dancing.
It definitely happens on this track.

\\\\////

This list could have been so much longer, but I should probably stop there.
Do you have some favorite tunes to crank up when you're driving?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh some great tunes that I need to download! Thanks for sharing. Um, I crank up Radioactive by Imagine Dragons all the time.. not sure what it is about that song that makes me want to airdrum lol!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover