Image Map

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

I'm posting this about twelve hours later than usual.  
My week has been crazy busy, and I didn't have this post scheduled.  
Oops!!  
Ah well ... better late than never, I am linking up with Jamie.





I'm loving ...

... that I can text my Internet dude and have problems resolved in short order.
That's so much easier than an hour on the phone with tech support.
I was only without Internet for about an hour tonight.
And that time allowed me to do dishes and clean up a bit.  
So .... it's a win.

\\\\////

... the Iowa Craft Beer Tent at Principal Park.
I went to my first live baseball game the other night.
Iowa Cubs vs. Round Rock Express (and I was cheering for RR).
I was delighted to try a new local beer at the game.
I'm on a mission to visit more local breweries.

\\\\////

... that I ran 4.4 miles last Saturday.
It was supposed to be an organized 5K, but the route got messed up.
I was confused at the time, but now I'm just proud of myself.
That's my longest run ever.
I'm getting closer to being ready for a 10K, I think.

\\\\////

... the sweet comment another runner made to me after the race.
As some of you know, I get chatty during organized runs, and I talk to whoever is next to me.
After we were done running, one of my route buddies came up and said to me:
"Thanks for running with me and talking with me, I was going to walk the rest,
But then after we chatted, I decided I could run it out." 
\\\\////

... the fact that my Rangers had a good April.
Their record for the month was 17-9.
I know they probably won't keep that pace.
But it sure helps me feel better about the season ahead.
If only they could stop making base running errors.

\\\\////

... this picture of me and my friend, Danielle.
It was taken at her going away see you later party last Saturday night.
I look forward to following Danielle's new life adventures. 
Be nice to her, Louisiana.  
(Although I wouldn't be sad if you kicked her back to Iowa.)

\\\\////

... the soreness I have today after yesterday's BodyPump workout.
I increased weight on a few tracks and worked on my form on others.
I really pushed myself, and I can feel it today.
And that's a good thing.  
Pain is progress.

\\\\////

... that "Silver Linings Playbook" is out on DVD.
I absolutely loved that movie in theaters, and I will definitely own it.
I'm bribing myself with it, actually.
If I successfully track my food every day this month, I'll buy it for myself.
So far, so good ... but it's only May 1.  Ha ha!

\\\\////

... how well this someecard sums up my day at work.
someecards.com - I'm not sure how many problems I have because math is one of them.
I had to do a lot of math this afternoon.
It made my head hurt.
This is why I could never be an engineer or an accountant or whatever.
I'll stick to words, thanks.

\\\\////

What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover