Image Map

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Social ... Let's hit the road!

These days, I can only dream about vacations and road trips (while my friends are actually taking them ... major sad face). I know life won't always be this way though.  Or at least that's what I'm trying to believe. This week's Sunday Social questions might help me narrow down the first trip I take once I have a job and income again.

Sunday Social

1. What is the best trip you’ve ever been on?
A few years ago, I went to Arizona to visit friends and see some Rangers spring training baseball.  We went hiking, wine tasting, and drove out into the desert.  And the baseball part was pretty awesome too.  It was a pretty perfect vacation.

2. What is your best idea for a girls weekend trip?
Somewhere with a pool and hot tub (indoor if it's winter, outdoor if it's summer), some wineries or breweries to tour, and maybe some fun little shops to check out.  I'm all about the low-key getaway.  I'll be doing this at some point in the future -- with or without company.

3. What is your best idea for a couples trip?
Ideally, I'll someday meet a guy with some interest in sports (hopefully baseball), so a trip to see a game sounds perfect to me.  Obviously, it's better if it's a team one of us follows, but even if it's not, it can still be a great adventure.

4. What is the best vacation on the cheap?
Did you read about my staycation?  That was a blast and really pretty cheap.  I think it's too easy to think we need to go somewhere else to have fun when there are lots of gems right in our neighborhood.

5. What is the place you most want to visit?
Anywhere I would need a passport. I've never been out of the United States.

3 comments:

  1. These staycations are sounding pretty nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staycations are great! There is so much so close to me that I often overlook when I think of days off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love staycations!

    Also, my husband and I always take trips around our favorite baseball teams and where they are playing! This year we're going to Denver to watch the Reds play!

    Great answers :) Stopping over from Sunday Social!

    Suzy @ happy Wife, happy Life

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover