Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Recipe: Green peppers stuffed with chicken and quinoa

While I was in transition this last winter, my friend, Jaci introduced me to the glory of stuffed green peppers.  Seriously.  I never knew they could be so good.

There are tons of great recipes on Pinterest and elsewhere on the web, but the other night, I decided to just wing it.  I figured if it turned out terrible, I still had cereal in the cupboard.  Heh.

But it didn't turn out terrible.

It turned out fantastic.


Stuffing Ingredients
1 lb. ground chicken (you could probably use turkey if chicken isn't your thing)
1 can Progresso Red Roasted Pepper Meal Starter
Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic (to taste)
A handful of chopped green onion
1/2 c. of quinoa (cooked according to directions on the bag)

I made the quinoa while I browned the chicken, then added all of it to the skillet.  I let it simmer while I finished blanching the green peppers.  When they were ready, I put half a slice of provolone mozzarella in each of the pepper halves, stuffed each of the peppers with the mix, and topped them with another half slice of the cheese on top.  I baked them at 350 for about 17 minutes.

I only made one pepper (halved) since I was cooking for one, so I have a ton of the filling left.  But I think it would go nicely with pasta as well.

Or I might just have to get some more green peppers.


2 comments:

  1. I've made this before, but with beef. I think I'm going to have to start using ground chicken. It seems like I'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuffed peppers! I will have to try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover