Image Map

Thursday, August 22, 2013

That kind of day

This was one of my favorite childhood books:

[source]
And you know what? Some days, it still feels very fitting.

Wednesday was one of those days for me. I won't go into details because that's personal and no one really cares anyway. It's suffice to say I just felt like I could do anything right and there was so much going wrong.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has those days.

After ten hours of work, I was tempted to head on home and open the bottle of wine I knew was waiting for me.  But I talked myself into going to the gym for a good workout --- 5 minute warm up on the elliptical, 25 minutes of weights, and 25 minutes on the treadmill.  I was beyond sweaty when I headed home for a quick dinner and that much-anticipated glass of wine.  And I went to bed early, deciding the best way to escape a bad day is to take a break until the new one dawns.

At least that's what works for me.

This jam always helps me a little too ...



What do you do when you have a bad day?
some_text

4 comments:

  1. Most of the time, a workout can help me. I usually turn to sugar for comfort...but a lot of the time, when I was teaching, wine helped too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are just like that, you can't escape. Just gotta hope they are few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a bad day, text me if you need to talk. I had one of those days on Tuesday!!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working out or running always helps me recover after a bad day. But sometimes I'm so emotionally drained and exhausted from the bad day that I just go home, turn on a funny movie or TV show, and try to forget about it all. And wine doesn't hurt either ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover