Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

Music Monday: Alexis Babini - "Invincible"

A few years ago, I went to a house concert in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  The setting was someone's living room on an August night.  The bill featured two of my long-time favorites -- Tony Lucca and Ernie Halter -- as well as two guys I'd never heard of.  But I'm always excited to check out new talent, and since they were traveling with two of my favorite guys, I figured they were probably worth a listen.

One of those two "unknowns" was Alexis Babini.  He has a quiet presence and a voice that kind of goes along with it.  His music speaks louder though, and I have bought everything he's released since then.  Here's one of my favorite tunes from his latest albums.  I think it has a great message -- and definitely one I cling to when I'm in a time with a lot of self-doubt and uncertainty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover