Image Map

Monday, March 31, 2014

Music Monday: Matt Wertz - "Someone Like You"

Saturday night, I went to see Matt Wertz in concert. My concert buddy had to call in sick for the show, so I went solo.  Not a big deal, although the company would have been nice.  Anyhow ... I've seen Mr. Wertz five times since I first discovered him in 2004.  Only five?  In ten years? Yeah, I know ... that's terrible.  He just doesn't tour enough or widely enough for me to see him as often as I would like.  And it's a shame because he is fantastic live.  He sounds just as good as his recordings -- if not better.  He's also very personable and funny between songs and after the shows.

This is one of my all-time favorite tunes by him. It's just so happy and hopeful. And ... you can see some of his personality in this video.  Love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover