Image Map

Friday, April 18, 2014

Early bird gets the workout

[source]
This was another ridiculously busy week for me, which meant very little time for workouts.  Next week is not looking any better.  In fact, it's looking worse.  Well, I shouldn't say that.  I have some really fun things planned, but they are going to take up literally every evening next week.  So ... when exactly am I going to work out?

Well ... I think I'm going to have to try and be a morning exerciser.

Yep.

A friend of mine wants to try and get moving in the morning too, so we're going to try it together.  Get up at 5 a.m. and be at the gym by 5:15-5:30.  Should give us time to work out and get cleaned up in plenty of time for work at 8 a.m.

I don't know how well this is going to work for me.  Right now, getting up at 6:45 a.m. is a challenge. This likely means some earlier bedtimes and missing the end (or all) of a few Rangers games.

But ... I'm anxious to at least give it a try.  It'll be nice to start the day with a workout.  I'm anxious to see how it changes how I feel throughout the day.

Anyone have any tips for becoming a morning exerciser?

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off.
Saturday: 3-mile run (35 mins.) + 0.75-mile walk (25 mins.)
Sunday: Off.
Monday: Yoga at home (30 mins.)
Tuesday: Baseball Watching Workout during the Rangers game (probably 45 mins. of activity)
Wednesday: Baseball Watching Workout during the Rangers game (probably 45 mins. of activity)
Thursday: BodyPump (60 mins.)


+++++

[source]
 Total as of 4/18
529 minutes

+++++

2 comments:

  1. Morning workouts are hard--I haven't even gotten the energy to get back into it this week--but they are SO worth it when you can get a good routine going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's all about knowing your body. If you think you can do AM workouts, give it a try. I for one know they are not something I would be able to do and then function the rest of the day at work. Good luck! Let us know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover