Image Map

Thursday, August 7, 2014

I just want to hide away

Life has slowed down a little, which has given me a lot of time to think.

This isn't always a good thing for me.

If overanalyzing things was an Olympic sport, I would be a medalist.  Maybe not gold, but I'd definitely be on the podium at the end.

I'm in kind of a weird place, mentally.  I have lots of doubts and anxiety about things.

As a result, I've found myself pulling away from people and activities.

This is weird, considering I had a few days of solitude during my staycation.  That should have been enough to take care of my introvert recharging.

Meh.

This is not a good feeling.  Hopefully it passes soon.

I tried to use the interwebs to solve my funk last night.

First I went to youtube and found this Matt Nathanson song that was totally perfect for how I was feeling:




Then I remembered that this song always helps shake a bad mood:



And then I went to Pinterest for some funnies:
[pin]
[pin]
[pin]
[pin]
[pin]

I'm not completely back to my regular self, but it made me feel a little better.

And if someone wants to do this for me ...
[pin]
I'm just sayin' ....

What do you do when you're in a funk?



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're in a funk right now. That's never a fun place to be. But at least you were taking good steps toward pulling yourself out of it.

    I usually find that when I really want to be alone is the time that I really shouldn't be alone and I try to find someone I can spend time with. That's what works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to go through these periods a few times a year. Usually it's after I overextend myself, which is all fun and awesome stuff, but then I crave alone time and then can't get out of my homebody phase. It takes an effort to get out again, then the cycle starts over. I'm sorry you're feeling this way! Karen might be right though, you may have to make the effort to spend time with people to help you get over it.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover