Image Map

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back to the grind

Today is my first day back at work since last Thursday.  After five glorious days of freedom and nowhere to be, my alarm clock was a rude awakening this morning.  Especially since I got up at the crack of dawn to head to the office a little early so I could play catch up before the day got busy.  I kind of miss my days of leisure, but I guess having a paycheck is nice too, so I guess I'll stick with work.  But I sure did enjoy my time off.  Having five days of no plans and no obligations was just what this busy girl needed.

And now for some Humpday Confessions ...

Vodka and Soda


>> As much as I enjoyed my staycation, I'm aiming to actually go somewhere next year.  Unless you count a few overnight trips to Omaha (I don't), I have not had an actual vacation or left the state since I went to Baltimore/D.C. in May 2012. I want to get away.


>> I quit online dating.  Again. I just don't have time for it, and believe it or not, it IS a time commitment.  Also, I'm so frustrated with the dating scene that I'm kind of ready to just give up altogether.


>> I watched some really varied movies during my staycation.  "Her," "The Paperboy," "The Art of Getting By," and "Backbeat."  None are movies I need to see again, but they were interesting at least.



>> I also watched a ton of "Locked Up Abroad" during my time off. As a result, I'm terrified of flying anywhere internationally and the other night everyone in my dream had a British accent.


>> I'm going to the Iowa State Fair with my office on Friday.  You'll probably find me at the Iowa Craft Beer Tent or the Iowa Wine Tent.  Heh.


>> I really want to see "Guardians of the Galaxy."  Mostly because I love Chris Pratt. Also because I've heard nothing but good things. Cheap matinee on Sunday anyone?


>> Iowa State football starts in 24 days.  Color me excited.


What are your confessions this week?


5 comments:

  1. Oh girl I know what you mean, I want to go on a trip, like - yesterday! Wanderlust has hit me hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome! I want to see it again! I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic and Chris Pratt was adorable!

    I hope you get to go on a fabulous vacation soon, but I'm glad you enjoyed your staycation too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready to go on a vacation! I feel like its been forever since we've been on one.
    YES to Guardians of the Galaxy! I want to see it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. guardians WAS AMAZING!! you'll love it. and can you believe his transformation from parks/rec to now??

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover