Image Map

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

When did this happen?

I saw this quote the other day, and it really made me stop and think.


Hmm.

When did we decide that whoever cares less in the relationship has all the power?

When did it become better to care less instead of more?

When did it become preferable to be negative instead of positive?

When did it become cool to be cynical about everything?

I don't really have any answers or solutions for this epidemic.  But I had to put it out there for sharing today. 


3 comments:

  1. You only hurt yourself by trying to position yourself as that person. It's a defense mechanism for some, I'm sure, but it's still no way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the idea behind it, but you're right. Who wants to be negative? And why do we focus on the negative in relationships? And why does it have to be about "power" anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I feel like this could be true in the majority of society. Not for me, because I always care too much, but I definitely think this could be a defense mechanism--put a wall up just to make sure you don't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover