Image Map

Monday, September 22, 2014

Music Monday: Dave Barnes - "Nothing Fancy"

This week marks the 10th anniversary of Dave Barnes' "Brother, Bring the Sun" album.  He's been promising there will be some fun celebrations of the album and I'm anxious to see what they are. In the meantime, the anniversary made me dig out my entire Dave Barnes collection and upload it to my iPod. I'd forgotten how much I loved his early stuff ... the stuff that made me fall in love with him as a musician and songwriter.

Here's one of my old favorites that makes me swoon.
Every.
Time.


P.S.  Even if you think you haven't heard any Dave Barnes music, you might be wrong.  He wrote "God Gave Me You," which has been made more famous by Blake Shelton.  But it'll always be a Dave Barnes song to me.



1 comment:

  1. I need to jump on his bandwagon. He comes to Knoxville every year and so many of my friends are obsessed with him!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover