Image Map

Friday, October 31, 2014

Take it easy

After my half-marathon, I let myself have several days of no fitness activities.  It felt strange, but I felt like my body needed it.  My mind, however, was ready to get back to working out.  I knew I couldn't go right into a full schedule after that much time off though, so I'm easing back into a gym routine.

I finally got back to Zumba on Saturday after several months off.  Man, I missed it.  I look forward to a few sessions a week of dancing it out.
I also did some yoga at home on Tuesday. The original plan was to go to Zumba, but when I was packing my gym bag before work, I forgot a sports bra. FAIL.  But yoga was probably the better bet.  My legs were pretty sore after Saturday's Zumba party.

I soon hope to add kickboxing, BodyPump, and spin back into the rotation as well.  Probably not all of them every week, but I want to do them more regularly.  I also plan to keep running occasionally.  Now that I don't have to run four times a week, maybe I wont' get burned out on it.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Friday: Off.
Saturday: Zumba (2 hours)
Sunday: Off.
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Yoga at home (30 minutes)
Wednesday: Off.
Thursday: Zumba (1 hour)

Notice there's no running in that schedule.  Hopefully that won't kick me in the butt Sunday when I do a 5K.




1 comment:

  1. I really admire your commitment to health and exercise. I need to get back into those good habits. It's just so hard because I have so many other things I'd rather be doing.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover