Image Map

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weekly Reads, Vol. 32

32.  That number holds such a mix of emotions for me right now. 

It was the number worn by Josh Hamilton during his last stint with the Rangers. Presumably, he'll wear it again when he returns to the team.  And it's looking like he'll be back this week.  You can read more about my feelings on that here.

It's also a number I associate with Fred Hoiberg, as it's the number he wore when he played for the Iowa State Cyclones.  He's now the coach ... though for how long, it's hard to tell.  Sounds like he may have an opportunity to coach the Chicago Bulls, and I wouldn't blame him for making that jump though I would be very sad not not have him in Ames next year.  

I was also 32 the year my life was turned upside down. I was let go from two jobs in the span of seven months, events that continue to affect my confidence and financial situation.  Sigh.

Wow ... this got a bit deep and sad for a Saturday morning. 

Maybe I need more coffee. 

Or ... let's just get to this week's posts.


I have had some pretty unsatisfactory runs lately, so a post from Monica at Run, Eat, Repeat is very timely.  She shares suggestions for working through bad runs WHILE they're happening.  I'll need to keep those in mind.  I like the reward one a lot.

Desiree at Simply Sun Signs is currently offering a discount on chart readings.  I've already purchased mine, and I'm looking forward to receiving it.  I'll be sure to share some thoughts when it arrives.

Kristin at Kristin's kNook shared a recipe for maple donut muffins that has my mouth watering.  I must make these soon.

I value my alone time and I have often worried I'll have to give it up if I'm ever in a relationship.  People have often told me that with the right person, I won't want alone time.  I don't really agree with that. I think I'll still want some space.  Jess at Chaotic & Collected talked about why it's key to find alone time even in a marriage.

Happy Saturday everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Ahh that alone time thing. With the right person you may not want alone time, but you will realize that you need it. Not a lot, but just an hour here and there to organize your life a bit, or do something for self-love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange our connection to numbers! I have a similar connection to the number 21!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover